Island Press offers summer internship opportunities for students and artists interested in print collaboration and arts administration. Island Press is part of the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
Internship dates: June 1 – June 30, 2020
Application deadline: February 28, 2023
Internships are unpaid, but interns receive an honorarium of $1000 to help offset living expenses. Honorarium is dispersed following the internship period.
Summer interns work as assistant printers, helping to edition projects by recent visiting artists including Stephanie Syjuco, Shaun O’Dell, LJ Roberts, Meleko Mokgosi, and Michael Joo. Interns also occasionally perform various clerical duties related to the operation of the press. Interns work under the supervision of Tom Reed, master printer, and Lisa Bulawsky, director.
• Interns work full time during normal business hours, Monday through Friday. There will also be occasional work that is required and/or can be accomplished outside of these days.
• Ideal candidates are great team players who are highly motivated, able to work independently, detail-oriented, and possess good communication skills.
• Some prior printmaking experience is required.
• Prior experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Epson large format printers is desirable.
Submit the following by email to email@example.com by February 28, 2023:
• Brief cover letter explaining your interest in an internship with Island Press and how your prior experience applies to this opportunity
• Resume, including current contact information, i.e. mailing address, email, phone
• Names and contact information for 2 references (references will only be contacted for finalists)
• 5 jpgs of your work (72 dpi, 3000 pixels on longest side)